We’ve teamed up wth the wonderful Mt Cook Lakeside Retreat to offer a rejuvenating escape in one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world.
Mt Cook Lakeside Retreat is set in a forest wilderness, nestled between the turquoise blue waters of Lake Pukaki and the majestic Ben Ohau ranges. It is right on the doorstep of Aoraki Mount Cook National Park located in the beautiful and unique Te Wāhipounamu World Heritage Area. The Retreat is within 2-3 hours scenic drive of Wanaka or Queenstown and just 40 minutes from Lake Tekapo with 4 helipads onsite for direct flights to the Retreat.
Enjoy the privacy and space of your own luxury villa. There are two options to choose from:
Two large double bedrooms with thick 600mm walls, high wood ceilings, Italian sandstone flooring, leadlight windows and double glazing. French doors open out to the patio and lawn with panoramic views over Lake Pukaki to Aoraki Mt Cook. Each bedroom has a tiled ensuite with a bath, hand shower and separate rain shower. The Drawing Room connects the two bedrooms and features a high ceiling, open fireplace, dining table, deep comfortable leather furnishings, antique furniture and a hot tub for soaking under the dark sky reserve. Combine with massage, yoga and onsite activities for a rejuvenating stay.
When you stay at Ashley Mackenzie Villa, you will have private and exclusive use of Fantail Spa. Named for the small native birds, piwakawaka (fantail) which frequent the area, Fantail Spa’s design captures a harmonious balance of energy and natural elements. Filled with light and open to the lake and mountain views, the spa design reflects the natural beauty of its surroundings. Inviting, warm and welcoming, the spa includes a sauna, hot tub (outside bath), workout room and massage room. In absolute privacy, you can choose to have a massage outside. Our massage menu draws inspiration from our indigenous land and culture. Based on holistic therapies connecting our guests to their Wairua (spirit) and to our natural environment, encouraging a sense of Hauora (wellbeing).
Villa Matariki and Villa Tautoru feature two large double bedrooms, high wood ceilings, Italian sandstone flooring, leadlight windows and double glazing. Each bedroom has a tile ensuite with a rain shower. The Drawing Room, with impressive high ceilings, open fireplace, dining table and deep comfortable leather furnishings connect the two bedrooms. Deep angled windows light the room, and French doors open from the drawing room to the patio, private outdoor artesian fresh water hot tub, and lawn giving panoramic views over the Ben Ohau Ranges and tawny farmscape.
· 3 nights’ accommodation for 2 in Ashley Mackenzie Villa (Aoraki/Mt Cook + Lake Pukaki View) or Moraine Luxury Villa (Ben Ohau Mountain View). Both villas have a cozy open fire in the lounge for you to lay back and enjoy
· A bottle of sparkling New Zealand wine on your arrival
· 3 course meal each night prepared by our chef and delivered to your villa for you to enjoy in front of the open fire, breakfast provisions each morning; and one gourmet lunch
· Private hot tub (each villa has its very own hot tub with water drawn from our artesian well)
· At a time to suit you, our yoga instructor will take you through your very own yoga/relaxation class tailored for your level of fitness and experience
· On one afternoon of your stay our masseuse will treat you each to a one hour relaxation massage in your villa
· Use of the tennis court, petanque and walking tracks
Ashley Mackenzie Villa: NOW $1,350 NZD per night – WAS $1,800!
Moraine Luxury Villa: NOW $950 NZD per night – WAS $1,300!
*Valid for Stays Until 30th April 2021
Terms and Conditions for all Luxury Getaways can be found at the bottom of the following page